On April 8, 2022, we hosted Alan Mulally, former President and CEO of Ford Motor Company, who presented on “Working Together.” The event, moderated by Carissa Slotterback, Dean of the Graduate School of Public and International Affairs at the University of Pittsburgh, was attended by 200+ participants virtually.
Alan Mullaly is the former President & CEO, Boeing Commercial Airplanes, Boeing Information, Space and Defense Systems, and The Ford Motor Company. Renowned for his strategic and operational leadership and “working together” message, Alan Mulally transformed a struggling Ford Motor Company into one of the world’s leading automobile companies and the #1 automobile brand in the United States. Mulally led the transformation of Boeing into the #1 commercial airplane company and aerospace company in the world. Named #3 on Fortune’s “World’s Greatest Leaders,” Mulally holds Bachelor and Master of Science degrees in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering from the University of Kansas, and a Master in Management from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology as an Alfred P. Sloan Fellow.
- Alan Mulally's Bio
- Article for Leader to Leader, “A Conversation with Alan Mulally about His “Working Together” Strategic, Operational, and Stakeholder-Centered Management System”
- Foreword for the book Work Is Love Made Visible
- Foreword and chapter 7 for the book The Extraordinary Power of Leader Humility, by Marilyn Gist
- The Book American Icon: Alan Mulally and the Fight to Save Ford Motor Company, by Bryce Hoffman
- The video Willow Creek-Working Together, Alan Mulally, September 8, 2016.